Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday

I can not believe that over my 3 weeks away I managed to find many helpful tips that I want to share with you.
Now I just have to try and remember to get them posted and linked at Rocks In My Dryer on the right day.

What works for me this week is how to remove tar from floors.

We managed to get tar on the lino in the caravan during the holidays. It was so hot the roads of course were going all soft and sticky.

I noticed the tar on the floor and thought someone had spilt coffee granules, but no, it was tar and it was not coming off easy either.

My mum then said that her mother had always used butter to remove tar?!
Yep that is what I said, butter or margarine.

You simple get some kitchen paper, wipe it in the butter/marg and then use a little elbow grease to remove the tar from said area.
For the larger spots, then I also gently scrapped with a knife after rubbing in the butter, then rubbed again with the butter.

It definitely took a little elbow grease to remove the tar, but I was amazed how easily it came off.

Way to go Grandma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great tip! We've had tar problems before! Fun! :)