Monday, September 06, 2010

Bored

When I am bored with nothing to do....!
Which lets face it is really never!
Because with looking after the family, completing my studies, catching up with emails, thinking about craft (quilting, cross stitch, scrapping etc) and reading the occassional book, I never have time to be bored.
Although.....
There are times when I just need to chill out, have nothing planned and not really want to have to make an effort to get something out to do and organise, and so this is when I can surf on the net.
Usually I surf blogs, I bring up my own blog and the hit the ultimate button 'Next Blog'

Once upon a time, you got a few new ones and then you seemed to come back to one you had already discovered, BUT, nowadays they go on for ever.
I started blogging in 2006 and the changes I have noticed since that time is huge. More people are blogging. Yes ok America plays a big part in this, most of the blogs I come across are from people who live in the States and would you believe a fair few are LDS.
I love LDS people, I have some wonderful friends from past who are LDS.

They have some wonderful concepts on living sensible and wonderful lives. Families are everything and I love Family Home Evening, this is something that everyone can instigate in their homes to have quality family time at least once a week.
I also learnt from them about food storage and the importance of having extra food stored around the house in case you have to stay in your home in an emergency and can't get to a shop etc.
My food storage is not fab but it is enough that would see us survive for a couple of days at least before I would have to start getting too creative with food.

They are also huge on journal writing and lets face it, at the end of the day we are all now keeping journals. The plan and simple blog is now our journals and I love the fact that more and more people are stepping forward and keeping a memory of their time.

So the next time you have 5 minutes, go press 'Next Blog' at the top of your blog page and see who you might meet.

No comments: