2. What’s the weather currently like where you live? We are heading straight into summer, so it is getting warmer. Shorts and T-shirts have suddenly appeared from everyone's wardrobes!
3. Do you decorate your home for the holidays? If so, share a picture please! I love decorating for Christmas but I have to be in the mood.
|My mum brought the boys one each of these advent draws when she lived in Spain, however the draws are very small so nothing every gets put in them it just sits and decorates instead.|
|This was brought to signify a very special year in our family|
|In 2001 Steve and I went to London for a holiday, we treated ourselves to this snowman and reindeer as a reminder|
|I collect snowmen, so this is my new decoration for this year|
|Alex wanted the Santa to keep the snowman company!|
4. What is your favorite Christmas movie? As it is heading into summer here then I notice that they don't seem to play many Christmas movies, however, I love them. I use to love Miracle on 34th Street, but I will happily watch Christmas movies, so any really.
5. What is your favorite Christmas songs? I so love Christmas songs. 'Oh Holy Night' is a favorite but I will happily put on a Christmas CD and sing a long all day. I have discovered a new album this year ........ a Christmas one by Lady Antebellum (Who I love listening to so much) it is called "On This Winter's Night" it is a beautiful album and the songs are gorgeous. Some traditional some new.
6. Do you have an advent calendar? Yes, I have a tree that I purchased from Avon many years ago. It has drawers underneath that are numbered. So you decorate the tree one day at a time. I love it. I got it in England many years before I moved to New Zealand. So it is very special to me. It has a wind up key on it and playes "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" as the tree spins round.
7. Do you prefer color lights or white lights? Coloured lights definitely
8. What is your favorite food to eat over the holidays? When I lived in England then Christmas meant mandarins and Quality Street Chocolates, warm food and lots of it.
Over here in New Zealand, with it being summer then it has moved on to Strawberries and lots of fresh summery food.