Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Mayor of Wapakoneta

Many years ago, like 20, I had the ultimate privilage of living in Wapakoneta, Ohio on and off for 2 years. My parents lived there and I was at boarding school in England, so visited during the holidays.
To this day I would still love to go back and live, but it is not a happening thing.
Anyway several of the friends I made there when I was 16 I still keep in touch with now and the unbelievable thing about it is that one of them, Thomas S Finkelmeier, Jr, is so devoted to Wapak that he is actually running for Mayor.
Now ok Wapak is only a small town of about 9000 people, but when you know the person running for Mayor, then it is huge.
I happen to notice on my calander that yesterday, Nov 6, was election day and this suddenly reminded me that maybe that was the day for the next round of elections for Tom, so I got in touch and would you believe he is nervously waiting as the polls are just closing now as I write this and then he has maybe 3 hours before the results will be known.
So to a very dear friend, who ok I don't honestly know that well now because we weren't the greatest at keeping in touch, but at least we make an effort every so many years, I wish him all the very best.
Go Tom, go win Wapakoneta, Ohio and have a ball along the way.
Yea to you for getting up and giving it a go.

No comments: