Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labour!

This weekend just gone was Labour Day in the good ol US of A.

In honor of Labour Day, Rocks in my Dryer put together a rather different meme, it's about........well, labour. And not the kind you get a day off for, either.

How long were your labors?
Ben - 7 1/2 hours, although was having twinges all day for about 9 hours.
Alex - 7 hours

How did you know you were in labor?
Ben - I didn't! Until the contractions were about 4 minutes apart and then I believed it!
Alex - started getting niggles and knew what to look out for as this was #2

Where did you deliver?
Ben - private birthing unit, although had to transfer to hospital 30 minutes after birth due to retained placenta
Alex - hospital due to 50/50 chance of needing an op again, which I did do.

Drugs?
No, although I took 2 paracetamol about 7 hours before Ben was born. Not sure what this was going to touch!!??

With Alex I talked myself out of any drugs during the labour, as I knew the reason why I couldn't have any of them. You know like, contractions too short and fast (gas & air), too close to delivery (pethidine) and no way (epidural)

C-section?
Nope,

Who delivered?
Midwife for both, although different ones as my first one had moved city's by the time I was pregnant with Alex.
Both were delivered on the floor as I was sqwatting next to the bed. 2nd midwife didn't like this so much and kept encouraging me to get on the bed, which I didn't.

How many weeks pregnant?
Ben - 38 .2 weeks
Alex - 39.1 weeks

Would you do it all again?
Oh yes, in a heart beat.
I loved my delivery with Alex.
Just the pregnancies that don't agree with me or Steve!
Unfortunately we discovered the source of the problem to getting them and fixed the problem!

Have a great week.

No comments: