Monday, January 28, 2013

Friend Making Monday



I sometimes wonder where the weeks go? I can not believe it is Monday again already and it is in fact almost the end of January! I can't believe we are already racing through the year. Time to slow down, smell the roses (as they say) and make sure we keep up with the pace of life.
Kenlie, over at All The Weigh, likes to make friends every Monday. She puts up questions and you then answer them on your own blog and link back to hers so others can come by and get to know you more.
Anyone is welcome to join in the fun at Friend Makin Monday, whenever they feel like answering the questions, some weeks I don't get round to joining in, but most weeks I do.
 Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Getting To Know Each Other
1. What is your favorite color? I guess I could say a dark red, maroon colour
2. Share one or more of your talents.  At the moment my talent is that I make a mean brownie
3. If you were spending the day getting to know someone new, where would you want to go?  Hamilton Gardens for a picnic, so much to see and do and plenty of time to chat.
4. What is your favorite meal?  I love a great Chinese meal but sadly all the ones in NZ are mainly take away buffets that I always find cold and stodgy.
5.  Do you prefer to text or talk?  Talk, definitely
6. Share something about yourself that might surprise someone that you’re getting to know.  My current address is my 39th in 42 years!
7. Do you color your hair? Yes.
8. Do you wear glasses or contacts?  I don't wear or require glasses.
9. What is your favorite breakfast food?  Either bananas on toast, lemon curd on toast or muesli with bananas and greek yoghurt.
10. Would your friends say that you’re sarcastic?  No, well maybe a little
11. Do you prefer salty or sweet?  Sweet…totally.
12. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?  Friendly eyes
13. What is the last movie you watched?  Rock of Ages. Finally rented it the other night.
14.  Are you religious?  I believe in God, but I can’t really call myself religious.
15. Are you a neat freak, a slob, or somewhere in between? Somewhere in between however I feel like I only have to turn my back and the place is a mess again. We have been home 2 weeks, the boys have not been upstairs (apart from to sleep) in all that time, yet you can not see their bedroom floor and I don't know why!
16. Share something from your bucket list that you hope to do someday.  I would love to climb up a large crane to see the view from the top
17. Are you a risk taker, or do you prefer to play it safe?  I tend to over think things sometimes however other times I can be impulsive and just go for it
18. Have you ever worn braces?  No.
19. Would you rather spend an evening at a theater or at a club?  Oh, definitely the theater.
20. If you could have three wishes, what would one of them be?  Wealth but not masses of it. Every time we discuss the Lottery and what we would do if we won, I always say how at present I would just be perfectly happy with enough to pay off the mortgage and be able to take a nice holiday. Sure I would love to win a million but $250,000 would be happily received as I would still quite like to feel like I have to work a day or too as I know I would be very bored at home all the time not seeing people.
Thanks for stopping by, hope this gave you a little more insight into my world.
Leave me a message if you take part as I would love to swing by and catch up on more about you too.
Have a great week

4 comments:

Chris Barnes said...

Nice, great answers! I feel the same way about winning the lottery, it would be nice but enought to pay the mortgage would be great too!

Here's my FMM
http://wisdomcouragepower.blogspot.ca/

Dennis & Jodi said...

Followed you over from FMM! I loved Rock of Ages! (mostly the soundtrack!)
I love Chinese food too but I always get a weird neck pain after eating it... so I limit myself to only a couple times a year!

Alison said...

I agree about the lottery too, Kathryn...some of the amounts that are an are obscene!
Alison xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love this particular list and have tucked it away for a rainy day!
Rinda