The following sums it up very nicely:-
The majority of students in universities today were born in 1983 or after.....
They are called youth.
They have never heard of We are the World, We are the Children...and the Uptown Girl they know is by West Life not Billy Joel.
They have never heard of Rick Astley, Bananarama, Nena or Belinda Carlisle.
For them, there has always been one Germany and one Vietnam.
AIDS has exsisted since they were born.
CD's have exsisted since they were born.
Michael Jackson has always been white!
To them John Travolta has always been round in shape and they can't imagine how this fat guy could be a god of dance!
They believe Charlie's Angels and Mission Impossible are just new films out last year.
They think that N-Trance "Set me Free" is an Old Skool Song.
They can never imagine life before computers.
They've never heard of Pac-Man or Space Invaders or BBC computers that have Bat n Ball games!
They'll never have thought Jazz was the sexiest aftershave ever.
They'll never have pretended to be the A Team, Red Hand Gang or the Famous Five.
They'll never have applied to be on Jim'll Fix It or Why Don't You.
They can't believe a black and white television ever exsisted and don't even know how to switch on a tv without a remote control.
And they will never understand how we could leave the house without a mobile phone.
So you are now feeling very old!! Let's just see how old....
- You understand what was written above and you smile.
- You need to sleep more, usually until the afternoon, after a night out.
- Your friends are getting married for the 2nd time.
- You are always surprised to see small children playing comfortable with computers.
- When you see teenagers with mobile phones, you shake your head.
- You've developed more and more feelings for your work. It's now your life.
- You spend less and less time talking on the phone with your friends daily.
- You meet your friends from time to time, talking about the good old days, repeating again and again all funny stories you have experienced together.
- Having read this, you are thinking of all those people you know that would enjoy reading it too......
Yes, you're definetely getting older.