Friday, August 03, 2012

Scavenger Hunt #17 A Church, Cathedral, Temple or Chapel

We have a beautiful cathedral that we drive past everyday.
Unfortunately it is right on a major junction so a little difficult to get a really good picture.

I actually made sure I had the camera in the car and then over a week tried to take a picture. This meant trying to be the first person at the lights so I got a clear picture of the place or by driving really slowly round the corner hoping that a bus wouldn't go past as I was taking the picture.
The boys were always asking if I had managed to get a good picture or not. I think it took about 5 attempts to finally get a nice picture that was good enough to show here!



Just a shame it has a traffic light slap bang in the middle of it!
I did also then decide that I could use the stairs leading up to it to achieve #19 An outdoor staircase but then I managed to find something much better to use instead.

Isn't it funny how you see something that is what you are looking for but you want to find something better?

Here is one of the pictures that I got of the place during my attempts


2 seconds later and the bus would have blocked the view! Plus the cars behind were beeping at me to go a little faster through the lights, obviously they wanted to get through before the lights changed!

2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great job! I especially like how you can see the stained glass.
rinda

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL look at you holding up the light ... hehe :)