Saturday, August 16, 2014

9 - A Bakery

When my son saw the list of items the first time, he immediately told me where to find the bakery.
Thought it was so cute he knew what we were looking for however I would have loved an oldy rustic charmed bakery.

Seems I am beginning to find fault with the town I live in and that is that they are making it all too modern and getting rid of the old charm that is the history of the place.
Everywhere you look there is new building work being done and it is ultra modern and suave looking, pristine lines and clinical looking, no character or charm!

The Bakery round the corner is the same , it is not a small locally owned place it is part of a bigger world wide chain, so what you get in one is exactly what you get in a place the same in another town or country.
Whilst some people love that type of certainty I also love the small locally owned places that serve their own creations with flavour and love.




2 comments:

Alison said...

That's one thing I like about living here...there are very few 'chains' out here on the villages!
Alison xx

alexa said...

That's a great poster in the window, but I know what you mean about what are called 'artisan' bakeries over here ...