Thursday, October 30, 2008

Love Stories - Part 6

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5


Several of us decided to dress up for the Christmas party, so I wore my cocktail dress, which by the way looked so elegant with crutches!

I was walking reasonably well, but still needed the crutches to help with the walking, but having the restaurant over 3 floors was a tad difficult when it came to the buffet food time!

Steve was at the party but seemed to be playing it cool with me, said hi and joined in all the conversations etc but kept his distance.
Must admit this irked me slightly, don't like being ignored!

However at dinner he took it one step further and promptly sat at the other end of the table to me! I had to sit on the end because I couldn't manuover down the side, so he sat at the other, staring down the table at me.
He spent the whole dinner talking to a friend of ours, who by the way was wearing this drop dead gorgeous red dress, and watching me inbetween everyother bite. I don't do jealousy well, my eyes are blue but they can go green very quickly!
Needless to say, it was a long meal.

For November we were having really great weather so we all spent most of the evening outside on the deck overlooking the harbour. Steve did talk to me, eventually and the main theme of his conversation was "Could he take me home?"
I of course came up with every excuse in the book as to why I couldn't go home with him, but none of them seemed to stick too well.

After doing the rounds and talking to other friends there, I ended up having a quiet conversation with one of the doctors there. He was complaining about making a move on someone he liked at the party and I was giving him my opinion. He also gave me his opinion on Steve and also pointed out what the whole department had seen going on for several months, that I had been so oblivious too........

So I took a deep breath, decided 'what did I have to loose?' and hobbled over to him.
Next time he brought up the topic of whether he could take me home? I said 'Yes'

As this is Love Stories for October and therefore there will not be any more posts, then I will add a few things.
  1. Our first official date was to the Santa Parade the next afternoon.
  2. After only 24 hours I had already told my parents about him, they lived in England at the time.
  3. Apart from a couple of nights, we have more or less been together ever since we got together on Nov 26, 1999. I was 29 and he was 38 when we got together, so we weren't fresh out of college!
  4. I never thought we would go the distance because he said he didn't want to get married or have children.
  5. Our first son was born in 2003
  6. Our second son was born in 2005
  7. We just got married on Sept 20th, 2008 (so we have only been married for 6 weeks!)

Nov 26, will always be a special date for me

1 comment:

Laura said...

How sweet, you two look so happy together!
My story so far-
http://wildwoodmama.blogspot.com/2008/10/love-story-1998.html