Monday, October 13, 2008

Love Stories for October

Over at Owlhaven, she has started writing Love Stories for October.

This is where, on a Monday and Thursday, she will write about how her husband and she met, fell in love etc etc.
You can join her by writing your love story and sharing it with the fellow bloggers out there.

Seeing as Steve and I just got married last month, then I thought I would give you a little insight in to what we were doing 9 years ago when we met.

I moved to New Zealand February 98 and immediately started working in the Hospital Operating Rooms. About 4-5 weeks after I had started, one of the Charge Nurses had a 50th Birthday and we all went out to lunch at a winery for the afternoon.
Steve was one of the nurses in the operating rooms, but I don't ever actually remember working with him.
He was at the lunch, but I don't remember much about him being there. I have a picture of the day with him in it but that is all.

For most of 1998, he was around at work things but that is about all. In fact he started seeing someone during that year, I guess our friendship started, but at the end of the day he was just a work colleague.
I do however remember the Christmas party.....he was still seeing someone and I was seeing no one. In fact when I moved to New Zealand I hadn't actually been out on a date for just over 2 years, and I don't remember dating anyone in my first year in NZ! Quiet time for me on the dating front, but to tell you the truth I wasn't too bothered about it, I was enjoying my life.

The party was a huge work thing, ball style, and just about everyone who was anyone went to it.
I remember Steve at the party and I remember sitting and talking to him at one stage, but not for very long, in fact I think a group of us moved to the table he was at and we all sat talking to the people on the table. Just a group of friends all catching up.

So imagine my surprise a couple of days later when I got told I had been accused of hitting on Steve at the party whilst he was there with someone else.....?!

1 comment:

Owlhaven said...

I'll look forward to reading more!
Mary