Thursday, December 13, 2007

What shall I do???

My 2 boys have been attending daycare since they were both 7 1/2 months old, and they love it.
Unfortunately with moving to Hamilton I have not been working so they have not been going to daycare - no money, too expensive!
So I enrolled Ben at the local Kindy and he has been happily going there for 2 1/2 hours a day and having a ball. This is all free by the way.
Alex on the other hand has been driving mummy mad at home. He has got frustrated, edgy and can't sit still for longer than 5 minutes. Ok yes I know a typical 2 year old, but there was more to it. The sorrowful looks when we leave Ben at kindy and not him, him saying 'I go kindy today????' longingly looking at me.
How could a mother deprive her child any longer?
So one quick stop at Daycare at the hospital (where they are booked in for the new year after I start work) and Alex is going to daycare just one day a week for the next couple of weeks. Yes we have to pay, but it will so be worth it.

So, the big question now is - WHAT SHALL I DO with the wonderful 2 1/2 hours I have to myself with no one else around?
  • I could fold laundry
  • do the ironing
  • clean the bathrooms
  • play on the computer
  • update my blog (in such desperate need of up dating)
  • do the letters for Parents Centre contracts
  • up date Parents Centre Web site
  • chill out on the couch

All these lovely things to do in such a short amount of time.

I am sure at the end of it I will curse myself for not getting as much done as I should have, but oh to have 2 hours were no one is going to ask me for anything, I can actually get on and do something and not have to stop half way through to judge the wrestling match in the living room.

So here is to my wonderful 2 hours, may they go by slowly, may I get lots achieved and may they return my sanity to keep me going until next Thursday when it will all happen again.

Merry Christmas to myself :)

No comments: