Monday, July 02, 2012

Dislike...?

I am not sure on the title of this post as dislike is too easy a word but I can't use anything stronger as I am not sure on the word to use?

I am grateful for the qualification that I have. I know I worked hard for my nursing and I have used it to my advantage quite nicely, however having this qualification can also be a pain and I dislike having it sometimes!

It is extremely hard to get out of nursing as the pay, although everyone goes on about the lack of it, is extremely difficult to shake.
People just can't seem to understand that yes I do know the job I am applying for is less than I was on but to do something other than nursing will always incur me to drop maybe a 1/3 to 1/2 of what I am on now.
Although that is where it is also difficult.
If I stay in nursing I know what my pay will be, if I move to something else and take less money then that is my decision but also our outgoings will remain the same and that is where I have a huge fight with myself!
How can I justify taking a job that is 1/2-1/3 less than what I was on when we still have the same bills to pay for me to be able to do the job? We still have to pay childcare so I can do the job?
1 solution is that I find a position that allows me to start early and finish in time to collect the boys.
Another is that I find a part time job that they are happy with me starting at 8.30 and finishing at 3pm.
(Yea right like that is available, doesn't every mother want that job!)

So now I get to continue checking the job vacancies everyday waiting for that great position to become available that will suit our family perfectly...or with a little adaption made!

1 comment:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

HUGS sweetie thinking of you and that it all works out perfect! Love ya!