Sunday, July 22, 2012

Scanvenger Hunt #4 A Roadside Stall

Now you have to remember something....it is winter here at present, ok so our winters are not as bad as some, for example we don't do snow, I have to drive at least 4 hours south if I want to get any sort of glimpse of the white stuff! And even then it will be quite a distance upwards before I come across any!


So we can survive the winter time quite nicely thank very much.

However this does make it a little more difficult to obtain pictures for the scavenger hunt that are of a more summer nature, for example the roadside stall. Not many people selling things beside the road here in winter, nothing much to sell, so very few and far between to find a stall.
However on our sudden weekend to the beach I did manage to find one


This such stall is selling some winter fruit mainly madarins. This is because the beach is right over in the Bay of Plenty which here in New Zealand is known for its fruit growing abilities. They just seem to have to land and weather for growing some amazing tasting fruit. So in the summer when the vaste amount of fruit is out the roadside stalls are in abundance.
Honesty stalls like these pop up everywhere. Vans on the side of the street pop up as well. Come December and January I would be able to get pictures of these stalls every few miles.

So another item crossed off the list....many more to come....happy hunting all

2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm so glad you found the stand. And I've enjoyed seeing the posts of your boys and their grandfather. They're really sweet.
Rinda

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I love little stands, Makes me happy to help out the farmers instead of going to store if I can avoid it. I love the colorful one!