Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Family Blogging

Seems I have started something within my own family. In the last week my little brother and my mother have both got into blogging, my brother in a serious way and my mum is just starting out.

So let me tell you a little about my family.
Well you have me, Kathryn, nearly 37 years old, Registered Nurse who lives in New Zealand after moving here, on my own just under 10 years ago. I am the partner of Steve, for almost 8 years now, wow where does the time go?
He is the one that has just secured a new job in Hamilton, about 1 1/2 hours south of Auckland, thus the reason why we are moving in October to Hamilton (you can check out our moving status here).
We met at work, of all places! And actually worked in the same department (Operating Theatres) for nearly 2 years before I finally agreed to go out with him, much to the happiness of the whole theatre department who were sick of us not actually getting our act together. Don't you just love doctors and nurses for match making!

We are lucky enough to have 2 lovely little rascals called Ben and Alex. Ben is just turning 4 and Alex is 2 1/4. You could never ask for 2 children so different, but then if they were the same life would be so boring!

Then you have my baby brother, Iain. He has just turned 35 and emigrates to New Zealand on 14th September with his wife Claire and their 2 little rascals Ellis(6) and Harvey(3)
They are going to be living in Rotorua, about an hour away from us in Hamilton, so I am sure we will get to see them often, especially as our boys are all about the same age, it will be so cool for the 4 cousins to get to know each other etc.
You can check out what Iain and crew are doing here.

Then you have our parents, who at present are in Dubai, UAE. They also live in Rotorua (emigrated out here in 2001) but are currently in Dubai for a little while. You can check out what they are up to here.

So that is us, at present.
My baby brother has actually challenged me to a "blog off" He is a head of me in the design stakes, but I think I am a head with hands down as I am keeping 2 blogs going at once and he only has 1.
Be interesting to see what he comes up with on his blog.

No comments: