Sunday, November 07, 2010

The 40th Challenge Preperation

The idea for the '40th Challenge' I got from someone else, isn't that where all good ideas come from?

I was reading a blog one time and this lady was talking about how she set herself somethings to achieve in the first year of being 40.
Hers were along the lines of:
  1. Take a hot air balloon ride
  2. Get a facial
  3. Try yoga
Not quite the sort of thing I wanted to do as most of her stuff cost a lot of money, I wanted something that would maybe make me, ok on a very small scale, a better person. Maybe make me more aware of others etc, something that I didn't mind spending some money on but was not going to cost me a fortune.

Anyway, I was reading another blog I follow and she mentioned a friend who had sent her something as part of a challenge she was trying to complete.
So being the nosey person I am, I skipped on over to her blog and checked it all out.
I wasn't 100% sure to begin with, but after some thinking I decided I could adapt a little.

I got in touch with the person doing the challenge to enquire as to where she got the idea from?
She said that a friend and herself had sort of copied something they had seen and like me adapted it slightly and tweaked it some more and hey presto ended up with what they had.

So for the last couple of days I have been doing just that. I have been reading through and adapting, without making it too easy, so that I have something that has some easy parts and some rather hard thinking parts.

I have enjoyed tweaking it so much that I am now very eager to start, although I am not going to start until my birthday (11 days by the way) but I have already got plans in my head for some of the parts so hopefully will start with a big bang and hope I see it through.

I will, when I put the challenge up on the blog, talk about where I got it from and then you can skip on over, when you are free and see how she has got on throughout 2010 which has been her timeframe for the challenge.

Maybe, you might be inspired to set yourself one at sometime.

Catch you soon


2 comments:

Miriam said...

Hi - glad to know my challenges have been inspiring to you. I look forward to seeing the ones you choose. All the best. I have found it so satisfying to work through and there are many I wouldn't have done otherwise.

Miriam said...

Hi - glad to know my challenges have been inspiring to you. I look forward to seeing the ones you choose. All the best. I have found it so satisfying to work through and there are many I wouldn't have done otherwise.