Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mums out in cyber space. You are all awesome and I hope you have had an awesome day like me.

To think I got woken at 8am with some wonderful presents. I must say Alex has great taste in choosing presents. He goes into a shop and once he decides on something there is no changing his mind, maybe that is the stubborn side of him showing through again!


My ring holder from Alex

Alex (6) then decided that mummy wasn't allowed a morning in bed alone, so went and found a movie he wanted to watch and he happily sat in bed with me and watched it, well he watched it and I listened whilst doing some knitting. He also attempted to do some knitting, but has only mastered putting the needle into the stitch not wrapping the wool round to create a new one. So everynow and then he would look at mine and ask why his wasn't like mine? I had to inform him that he needed to keep his stitches actually on the needle for it to do anything!

The rest of the day has been a total rest fest. Steve has done some work in the garden and the boys and I have played Wii all day.
Well I played Wii and they helped me and suddenly it was 4 hours later and time to sort dinner.
I can't quite believe we, as a family, have had such an awesome relaxing day together. Ok, so I haven't been feeling so great for several days now so a day of rest has been just what I needed.
The boys had decided also that because it was mum's special day then they needed to hug and kiss me at every possible moment. It has been so great.

I actually had 3 little quotes sent to me throughout the day and thought I would share them both with you guys tonight.

"I have carried a baby within my body.. I have slept with a baby on my chest.. I have nurtured a baby with my breasts..I have been puked, peed, and pooped on and spent sleepless nights in a rocking chair.. but I wouldn't have it any other way. My body is not magazine perfect, but when I look in the mirror, I see a mom and there is no greater honour.. "


"Motherhood's the toughest 24 hour lifetime job. No pay, no days off, no qualifications or training given and most often unappreciated and yet resignation is impossible! So send this to anyone who's a terrific mum and let her know she's absolutely wonderful"

"Before I was a Mom, I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom, I had never been puked on. Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom, I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests. Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom, I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom, I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom"



Happy Mother's Day










No comments: