Thursday, September 03, 2009

Grocery Challenge

The grocery shop challenge that I am undertaking has now started.
I will not be listing what I am eating for meals each day, nor will I be listing what I brought each Saturday at the shop.

I know we have a decent amount of meat in the freezer, and although we are going to go through this, I am not going to not buy meat this month just because I want to lessen the bill, I want to try and get this challenge to assist me in keeping my bill down well after September finishes.
Anyway, if I do use up all the meat in the freezer, I will then just spend more in October refilling it and that to me defeats the purpose. Although having said that, the meat in the freezer needs to be used up so it doesn't get lost in the depths of the deep freeze and end up staying there for 2 years!

I will be writing a post at least once a week to say whether I accomplished the challenge each week and if there was something I feel I particularly saved on then I will mention it.

I look forward to reading the other sites that are also participating in the challenge, even though 99% of them are in the US, to see how they have accomplished their challenge.

Maybe you might like to set yourselves a little challenge??

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I decided one way to save was to not go to the shops so often then you are not tempted...so I made a sort of menu... I worked out what I need in the way of meat etc for 4 weeks, using from the freezer and buying. When I went shopping today I purchased the items plus basics.....now just have to get fresh veg, fruit, milk and bread on a regular basis, this should be a saving.. so am keeping a record to see what I spend extra over the period so my actual savings may not be able to be worked out for another 4 weeks yet.

Remember do not shop when you are hungry... you buy all the wrong things. Mum x

Anonymous said...

Good Luck in the challenge! It's gonna be tough but here's hoping all of us challengers can do it!