Thursday, November 24, 2011

Today I am Thankful


I am thankful for…


My children who complain about doing the dishes because it means they are at home and not on the street.

My partner who snores all night because it means they are at home asleep with me and not with someone else.

The mess to clean up after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

The clothes that fit a little too snugly because it means I have enough to eat.

A floor that needs mopping and windows that need cleaning because it means I have a home.

The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking and have been blessed with transportation.

Too many e-mails because it means I have friends and relatives who are thinking of me.


Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

This year I am truely thankful for so much, for the lack of stress in my life by having changed jobs, for feeling healthy, that my family and friends are all still with us and healthy too.

I am thankful that I have started to take the time to enjoy what is going on around me. For taking the time to realise that Friday will still arrive at the end of each week but if I enjoy the other 4 days I am even happier by the time Friday does arrive.

I am thankful for the time to be able to stop and smell the roses, and in my case literally as they are still blooming in the front garden.

I am thankful to all of you, for visiting me and making me smile with your wonderful words, not just the ones you leave as comments, but also the ones you write in your blogs that inspire me more often than I care to admit.

Happy Thanksgiving All x x x


1 comment:

Alison said...

Lovely post....a timely reminder to count our blessings!
Alison xx