Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lunch

Here at the hospital I work at, they supply pretty good food, mainly because they are a small private hospital and they have personal chefs who work onsite, so no contracting out to other sources.


The staff can purchase the food at a very reasonable rate.
Lunch will cost you $3.50 and I think dinner is about the same or a little more.


Now you get a choice each day from about 4 things.
For example todays menu is as follows:
  1. Pumpkin, Kumara and Bacon Quiche
  2. Ham & Potato Salad
  3. Roast Beef Meal
  4. Surprise Item (Chef wasn't sure what it would be when I asked?!)

Now the protion size is fabulous and well worth the $3.50 you pay. I have brought lunch once or twice when I have forgotten to bring something for lunch, last week I had a chicken filo parcel, and there was more chicken than I would ever have imagined for the price I paid. Today I am having the roast beef dinner and I could never buy a lunch of that size at a restaurant anywhere in New Zealand

No comments: