Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Logically Thinking of The Young

Over at Owlhaven, she was commenting on what one of her 6 yr olds had said about swimming. It was the perfect conversation of logic that come from the young.

It made me remember a conversation I had with Ben (5) just a few days ago. It went sort of like this....

Ben: Did you have a seat like mine when you were little mum?

Me: You mean the booster seat on your chair?

Ben: Yes

Me: I don't remember darling, but probably. You will have to ask Grandma and Grandad?

Ben: Ok. Was I around when you were little?

Me: No, not when mummy and daddy were little like you.

Ben: Oh, so who were my parents when you were little?

Me: Well you were not born yet.

Ben: Was I still in your tummy then?

Me: (trying not to laugh) Sort of

Ben: Could I talk when I was in your tummy?

Then the other one joined in.....

Alex: Did I talk when I was in your tummy?

Me: I don't know, did you talk? Does a baby talk?

Both of them: No, a baby cries lots!

No comments: