Sunday, March 02, 2008

OMG

I was trying to think of a wonderful thing to say, the right line or phrase, but nothing comes to mind, so I will just try simple and honest....

Steve proposed to me last night

I said yes

We are getting married in September

The ring is a beautiful yellow gold with 3 square diamonds set on the top. They are decoratively set on the top not within the ring. Very difficult to explain so have included a picture.

Don't seem to be able to get a great picture, but you can get the general feel etc
Ring is a little large so have to take it to get resized today.

He was all very lovely about it, took me out for a drink and then during the evening got down on one knee and asked me.
He had even asked my parents! Just like I wanted (but that is another story)
So know we just have the pleasure of telling everyone in the family. My parents know and so do my best friends but difficult to come home at 11pm and start calling people, so a wonderful job to do today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you Kathryn, you are a wonderful couple and I look forward to sharing your journey as a bride-to-be. May it be as exciting as the past 4 months have been, there is nothing quite like the unexpected[ha ha]. What fun we will have making sure that this day is what you (& Steve of course)have ever dreamed of.
:-) Wendy

Don't go for looks; they can deceive.
Don't go for wealth; even that fades away.
Go for someone who makes you smile, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.
Find the one that makes your heart smile.

Kent and Leisy said...

congrats!!! wow!!! that is so wonderful. I was pretty shocked when I read your blog today! The ring is beautiful. I'm so excited for you!