Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas


I keep my snowman in the freezer
Just behind the pies
He likes it there, he told me so
I can see it in his eyes.

I made him on a cold, cold morning
When the snow was fresh and deep
Now he sits in the freezer
Near the fish that we got cheap.

I keep my snowman in the freezer
And look at him each day.
If I’d left him in the garden
He’d simply have melted away.

But now he’s like my Grandma
Living somewhere safe and nice;
He’s in a frosty, snowy palace
On a throne of coldest ice.

I keep my snowman in the freezer
Near a lump of frozen beef
And I’ve got a treat for him in August:
I’m taking him to Tenerife!
By Ian McMillan

Have a wonderful Christmas Day where ever you may be.
With family and friends or colleagues.
If you wished for snow then go out and enjoy it, if it snowed!
Me I will be relaxing in the sunshine at the beach catching up on my tan!

No comments: