Saturday, October 20, 2007

Last Day

Yesterday was my last day working at Auckland District Health Board.


I have worked for them for just over 9 1/2 years now.
In fact they are the only employer I have worked for in New Zealand.
I started in March 1998 as a Staff Nurse in the Operating Theatres doing General Surgery, Colorectal and Liver Transplants.
In 2002 I moved to do Gynaecology and Maternity.
I went on Maternity leave at the end of 2003 when I had Ben and when I returned to work I actually went into Sterile Supplies, this is the area that they wash, clean and process the instruments ready for the next use.
I stayed there until I went on maternity leave again in 2005 and I returned there after having Alex.
In the last 3 months I have been working on a project in Materials Management, this was a change of scenery for 3 months and I had a lot of fun and learnt a lot of new and interesting things.


When I first started at ADHB this was the main hospital



4 years ago they built a new hospital, this has been exciting as there have been many new changes in the last 4 years and Auckland now have a huge wonderful hospital.






I am very grateful to all at ADHB, I have learnt a lot, met a lot of wonderful people, including my partner Steve, who also worked in the Operating Theatres, yes it was love at first sight across a crowded theatre!


It will be weird not working for them, but hey life moves on. I will work in Hamilton eventually, but I have other priorities now, like 2 little boys, so I am aiming to start work in January.

So thank you to everyone at ADHB, it has been fun, I have loved and hated every minute and have grown and learnt so much over the past years. Thank you.

No comments: