Friday, October 12, 2007

Flower Friday


It is time again for Flower Friday.

For those of you who don't know what this is then check out here and here, but in general it is where I send someone a link to this post so they can see that I have been thinking of them and have sent them some flowers via the wonderful world of technology.

This week I have chosen to send the flowers to my new Sister in Law Claire. Now she has been my sister in law for just over 4 years now, but they have been living in England and of course I am in New Zealand.
Now that has all changed as my brother and Claire have just moved their family to New Zealand, so I now have the pleasure of actually getting to know my baby brother again, but also get to know his wife. You can check out how they are going here.
So I am giving Claire the flowers this week because she has done a fabulous job looking after her family in a very difficult time. It has now been 4 weeks since they left England and moved to a strange country, staying in a house that is not theirs and will only have limited ability to do anything with it, as it is not theirs. My brother has started his new job, their oldest son has started at the local school and their youngest son is starting Kindergarten in 2 weeks time and throughout all of this Claire has held the family together making sure they all get to where they need to be with their activities.

Everyone is getting to do things but nothing for her, yes she will look at getting a job, but her family comes first and it will have to fit in around this.

So Claire, these thoughtful flowers are for you this week. You are doing a great job and I look forward to spending some great family time with you.

No comments: