Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Birthday

We have had a very busy day today for Alex's 3rd Birthday.

He started the day with an enormous pile of presents which would have happily kept him entertained for the whole day!

He decided that he had to have a Thomas cake today, Thomas the Tank Engine that is....my cake making skills are not that flash!
So in between swimming lessons, that went really well and everyone did so well, we tried to find things to make a Thomas cake. We found some suitable items.

We didn't have a party this year, he is only 3 after all, doubt he will remember this day that well! But we did have some friends round for dinner. So we decorated enough for him to feel like it was a special meal.

The cake turned out better than expected and he had lots of fun getting into the spirit of his birthday and he was all for blowing the candles out. Good old Betty Crocker and Vanilla Frosting!

Alex gained a crane and a construction set for his birthday, which he happily combined to see if he could rebuild the crane!

He also got 2 books for his birthday, my boys are always getting books and they love them, so we had 2 lovely new books to read at the end of the day, although when it was sleep time this little bundle came down the stairs wanting mummy. I gave him a big bear hug and he promptly fell a sleep in my arms.

Just the way I like to end the day, my gorgeous baby a sleep in my arms.

1 comment:

Kent and Leisy said...

happy birthday to your little guy!! I am very impressed with the train cake! I'm assuming that Zeb will love thomas in a year or so too :)