Saturday, April 14, 2012

M is for a 'Me' Meme

Meme's were once really popular in the blogging world.
You found blogs that posted questions every Monday or the 1st of the month.
People were always interested in what answers others would be putting up about themselves.

These seem to have quietened down now but occasionally I come across a blog where people have been asked some questions and they have been quite interesting.

So this meme on me will be questions that I have found whilst blog surfing over the last month or so:

What is your favourite thing to eat when alone?
Eating alone to me, means not having to worry about the rest of the family, so usually when they go away and leave me at home on mine own. Then I love cooking steak and jacket potato with mayonnaise. Reason behind that is because until now the boys have not been that into steak and no one else in the family likes to eat jacket poatoes and I love them!

What are 5 things you love about your spouse/children?
  1. That Steve runs with my crazy ideas
  2. That Ben is so caring
  3. That Alex is the rascal that he is
  4. That Steve is like a walking encyclopedia and has such a wealth of knowledge that he is more than happy to share with the boys.
  5. Watching Steve play with the boys and realise that I gave him that
What do you like to do on a rainy day?
If it is a warm summers day with rain then I love to go puddle splashing but if it is a cold and wintery day then I love snuggling up and watching a good movie.

Name 5 things in your freezer?
  1. Chicken - we eat a lot of this
  2. Beef
  3. Fish Bites - the boys love these
  4. Ice - we had a BBQ a while ago and there are 2 large bags left over
  5. Bread - the whole of the bottom is lined with bread as I was told that a full freezer runs more efficiently than an empty one!
Has listening to a song ever changed your life? If yes, which one and why?
Yes, Celine Dion - All By Myself
I used to play her CD whilst I lived alone in Wolverhampton, this was where I did my nurse training and stayed to work. One day I listened to the words and realised that I didn't want to be alone anymore. So I got a job back in Nottingham where my parents were living at the time and I moved back home. It was a colleague in Nottingham that mentioned New Zealand to me and 14 years later here I am.

If you could pick a good book you've read to make into a movie, which one would you choose?
I would choose "Family Blessings" by LaVyrle Spencer. It is the story of a lady who has 3 kids and looses her eldest. She then in turn starts dating the eldest son's best friend. It is a beautiful story and one I read on the plane home from America one time. At the time of reading it, women dating men 15-18 years younger than them was not widely discussed so I thought this could made into a movie quite nicely showing how life is moving on and how easy it is to fall in love with someone a lot older or younger than yourself.
In fact at the time of writing this, I remembered what I loved about the book and promptly got it from the bookcase and read it again, and yes I still cried in all the right places like the first time I read it!

Has your life been different than you imagined?
Yes, I always imagined that I would settle quite young, have children and stay in the same place for ever. Life hasn't been that way. I currently live in the 39th address in my 41 years, I had my children a few years before I ever got married and even then I had my first child for quite a selfish reason even though both were planned and I was almost 33 when my first son was born, quite a few years after the age I thought I would have children, but then I didn't meet Steve until I was 29. But then I am so grateful for what I have so I am not complaining.

If you could participate in any Olympic sport, what would it be? Summer or Winter?
It would be in the Winter Olympics, I absolutely love these Olympics. I would actually take 2 weeks off work and stay home to veg and watch it all if I could. maybe one day.
The sport I would love to do would be the toboganning or the ski jump. Both scare the hebbie jebbies out of me but what a thrill.

If you could live in any city, other than the one you currently live in, where would it be?
My mother could probably answer this one in her sleep for me, it would be Wapakoneta, Ohio.
A small old Indian town in Ohio, population just over 9000.

If you could pick up an instrument and immediately know how to play it, what would it be?
The flute.
I played the clarinet at school but always wanted to play the flute. Unfortunately whenever I tried I just couldn't get an note out of it.

No comments: