Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for Neighbourhood

What's in your neighbourhood?
I once read a post on a blog (that actually stopped posting, such a shame) that talked about the neighbourhood and why she liked living where she does.

So what can I say about our neighbourhood here in Hamilton.
We first started living here because it was close to the hospital and that is where Steve got his job, we rented a house and then 6 months later brought this house 100m up the street.
It is a quiet area with a large street outside that is not a main road so not too much traffic.

2 years ago a greengrocers opened round the corner. Now we don't use it as much as we probably should but it is nice to know it is there until 6pm each night if we need it.
There is a mass of cafe's just up the street and we even have KFC and McD's close by, not that we use them much, we prefer Burger King that is a 5 min drive away.
Our local bank is close by too, which helps when wanting to keep account fees down by only taking money from our banks ATM and not getting charged for using another banks one!
We have a post office, awesome sushi shop and Subway close too.
Our local supermarket is only 2ks away so we never have to go far for much really.
And if we were really good, then we would walk to all these places but in typical fashion....that never happens.

What is good about the area you live in?

3 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I live in the country, but not far enough out to suit me! Get out there and walk! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

Marcie said...

I love the cafe/restaurant in my neighbourhood that serves food all day long; I love the Sushi place that delivers; and most of all, I love the small bakery with all the yummi treats!

Alison said...

We are within walking distance of our village,and could easily live from the few shops that are there...I still tend to get into the car and drive a bit further afield a few days a week though!
Alison xx