Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Celebrant

We had a meeting with the Marriage Celebrant on Saturday morning.
2 1/2 hours later we had chosen the whole service.
We had to decide on absolutely everything, whenever she is going to say something we had to chose what we wanted her to say and how.
We had to say how we would like my dad to give me away, is he going to shake Steve's hand? Just hand me over with a hug, or even just run me down the aisle saying "Here take her!"
Did we want to include all the parents in the service or just my dad?
What did we want her to say when we exchange rings, if we are exchanging them?
Are we writing our own vows or using one of the 50 she showed us, or are we adapting one of the 50?

There is so much to decide on and chose from just for a 20 minute service to get married.

It will be worth it though, as it makes the day extra special.

No comments: