Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Joys of Parenting

I can honestly say that I was the one to instigate having children in this relationship.
Steve has been married before and children was not something that was going to happen in that relationship, so when I met him, children were not really on the agenda.
It took me several years before he agreed to children and I think I can honestly say, that even with the bad days, he still wouldn't change any of it.
To prove my point, yesterday I woke just after 6am to hear Steve and the boys in the boys room singing 'Miss Polly had a Dolly'
Seems Steve had taken Ben back in the middle of the night and ended up sleeping with Ben, because his bed was cold and he wanted daddy to warm it up for him.
When Alex woke up he joined them and Ben then put the light on, got out some books and started reading with daddy, one of the books was 'Miss Polly'

Last night Steve was telling me all about it and we were laughing so much, about how Ben was the leader and instigated the reading session and also about the fact that I wondered if Steve ever thought in his life he would be singing Nursery Rhymes at 6am!

Guess that is parenting for you.

No comments: