Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Long Weekend

Here in New Zealand we have just had our Labour Day weekend.
So as usual we went over to our caravan and got away from it all for a couple of days.
We had the added joy of Grandma and Grandad joining us.
The weather was not fab, but that didn't stop us having a relaxing time and doing lots of swimming in the pool.

The highlight of the whole weekend for me, was on the Sunday evening, Grandad asked me to show him the beach. It was a little windy but the boys and I drove him to the beach.
For 15 minutes the four of us stood on this empty beach in the wind playing 'runaway'.
We would stand on the beach not far from where the water was coming in and then just as it was about to touch our shoes then we would runaway.
The boys had such a great time and I must admit I had fun being there with my dad, and the two of us playing with my children.

The downside of the weekend was discovering, even though it wasn't bothering him, that Ben had a raging ear infection!
When we arrived home I whipped him off to the emergency doctor, who took one look at the pus in his ear and said 'oh yes, need some antibiotics!'
So now we have the joy of getting him to take his medicine 3 times a day until finished. Ben is not into medicine and it is a fight everytime he has to take a spoonful.

It could make for a long week!

No comments: