For those out there who are wondering what I am talking about, a Bucket List is a list of things you would like to do before you die. That simple.
I haven't actually managed to see the movie 'The Bucket List' yet although I have been told it is not bad.
But I have heard mentioned on the radio several times now people going on about achieving things on their bucket list.
Do I have one?.......I can hear you all cry, well sort of although like all good things it is not complete yet, but then I am not sure any bucket list can ever be totally complete as I think it is something you should review all the time, constantly adding to if something new comes along.
What I do have and have had for several years now is a pack of 50 cards which are apparently '50 things everyone must do (at least) once in a lifetime'
It says on the back of the pack the following.......
So I will list what the cards say and then if you haven't thought about putting your bucket list together then maybe this will help you start......
- Buy everyone in the pub/bar a drink
- Swim with wild dolphins
- Climb a mountain
- Take a Ferrari for a test drive
- See the Pyramids at night
- Hold a tarantula
- Take a candlelit bath with someone
- Say 'I Love You' and mean it
- Hug a tree
- Do a striptease
- Do a bungee or parachute jump
- Visit Paris
- Watch a lightning storm at sea
- Clean behind the fridge
- Stay up all night long and watch the sun rise
- Ask the question you've always been too embarrassed to ask
- See the Northern Lights
- Go to a huge sports game - football, rugby, baseball, American Football etc
- Have sex outside
- Grow and eat your own vegetables
- Touch and iceberg
- Have sex at work
- Sleep under the stars
- Change a baby's nappy / diaper
- Take a trip in a hot air balloon
- Watch a meteor shower
- Get drunk on champagne
- Have sex in every room in your home
- Give more than you can afford to charity
- Look up at the night sky through a telescope
- Have an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
- Have a food fight
- Bet on a winning horse
- Take a sick day when you are not ill
- Have a threesome
- Ask a stranger out
- Have a snowball fight
- Photocopy your bottom on the office photocopier
- Scream as loudly as you possible can
- Hold a lamb
- Enact a favourite fantasy
- Take a midnight skinny dip
- Hear the words 'I Love You'
- Fly on Concorde - a little difficult as it no longer runs!
- poo in the bath
- Have a meaningful conversation with a beggar
- See a total eclipse
- Ride a rollercoaster
- Hit a home run
As you can see, some are stupid, some are weird and some are down right odd. But it is your bucket list you are making and I hope these suggestions help you to get started.